Friday, February 4, 2011

YUMMY RECIPES

Posted by May
Just what all married women need - a blog with food recipes! I'm no chef but as a wife of the modern times, cooking was never been in my to-do list. I barely stayed in our kitchen prior my marriage! But this is what I found out, if you put your heart into it, cooking is quite fun especially if your husband is there excitedly waiting for every meal with a big smile on his face. These recipes are tried, tested and easy to prepare. Some I created on my own, some I researched first then tried them in my kitchen. They are not necessarily expensive, just easy, hearty, tasty and healthy.

GOLDEN SALMON with BASIL

photo by May
Salmon steak
dried basil
dried oregano
olive oil
corn pepper / salt
veggies such as broccoli, string beans, mushrooms

How to:
Wash the salmon steak and pat it dry. Brush olive oil on to it then sprinkle dried oregano and basil, salt and black cracked corn pepper. Pre heat oven to 425 degrees. Put it in the oven for good 20 minutes or until brown.

Veggies: Boil them all together. It is also good to steam them but this process leaves some of the veggies dry.

****

SHRIMP SALAD

What you need:
Fresh vegggies of your choice for salad
boiled egg
fresh shrimps
mushrooms
sesame seeds
dried oregano
vinegar and sugar
onion

How:
In a pan, saute shrimp, mushrooms, sesame seeds, onions and sprinkle dried oregano (half tsp). Use olive oil to saute them. When the shrimp turns orange, set aside and let it cool. In a bowl, mix vinegar with sugar (amount of sugar depends on your taste). Pour the mixture to salad veggies. Then mix in the shrimp and mushrooms. Deshell boiled egg, cut in half and put them on the salad as topping.


No comments:

Post a Comment