Friday, October 29, 2010

How to Die of Agitation

Elizabeth posted-

"When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em. 'Certainly, I can!" Then get busy and find out how to do it." 
-Theodore Roosevelt

While on a phone call with my youngest brother during my Spanish holiday back in April,  I found out that my parents bought a dining table and a sofa set for the new house I bought in Manila. The following happened in exact order (according to Kübler-Ross's Five Stages of Grief): 


1."You f***ing serious?!" (DENIAL)
2. "But I remember telling you not to buy anything yet...!"(ANGER)
3." OK, whatever...What else can I do?" (BARGAINING)
4. (Hung up and cried my eyes out like a kid, face down on the pillow, tummy on another and feet up in the air.) (DEPRESSION)
5. Momchil (bf) said, "I know you're upset and sad coz you've planning so much to realize your dream house...But, please stop crying coz this isn't going to be the first. Someday, you'll have MORE houses to design." I said, (between sobs) "OK". (ACCEPTANCE)


I don't know if the underlined word was a warning signal or something, but at the time, that moment...I probably smiled when I said "OK"? Looking back, I believe I was a total idiot for having that 'five stages of grief' moment. Now, six months later...I'm back to square one. And God knows how I'm pissing myself so much because of too much anxiety and agitation. (Please note that I used so much-too much/anxiety-agitation in one sentence. I don't care about the Redundancy Rules of the English Grammar now.)


I AM "DESIGNING" the 2BR flat he bought for us in LONDON. In SIX WEEKS. From the kitchen floor design to the built-in closets to the color of the towels that would match our life. Forever. Oh, by the way, to make matters worse, let me give you a quick background of my major jitters. According to jitters-relevance:

His Bachelor's Pad in Sofia Designed by His Mum
1. His Mum: was a dentist, who, despite her immortalization of the title 'working mother/wife', designed all the houses her husband built for the family.


A Memorabilia of One of His Father's Projects in Moscow
2. His Dad: was a top honcho of a 10,000-man construction company in Russia;


3. His big sister: is a real estate division director  of a major think-tank in London. 


I think about these and dream of them in my sleep.

So please forgive me for being a "ghost blogger cum broomsister" for now...I feel like I'm dying painfully. Please pray for the repose of my soul. 
Teddy Roosevelt sucks.

4 comments:

  1. Sister soul! you can do it. I dont believe what TR says, a wife or soon-to-be-wife can do so much more, can be as creative as they wish to be. Otherwise, God wont make us WIVES the "neck" that turns the head (hubby) around. Dont be too stressed out about it, enjoy it! Remember, this is your love nest, not his family's. So design it and plan it as you wish. You've got all the talent, I'm so sure of it. Wanna bet? - May

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's true sister... i think, it's just this jittery feeling u get when u know that u are in a place where ur decision-making skills are challenged by time and others need to hear what u want to be done and how u'd like to proceed (difference between maple vs oak vs light oak, anyone?). how i love creating something. imagining long-term too...Mom and his family, have been very supportive from day 1 and they say that they can't wait to see what i could create with my own hands. this is my biggest relief, if anything. after this, i can review my bridal magazines again. thank God for Amanda Tirol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the comment: "Someday you'll have more houses to design." Sounds exciting but definitely challenging.
    I remember when my hubby and I bought our house here in Pinas, we were so excited. But when the construction began...it was stressful and draining. After we saw the outcome of our works and imagination, we are very grateful for it has beceome a home sweet home.
    I am sure, with your creativity and perseverance, your love nest will come out ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister Kiej, i think...to be a true-blue traveling broomchic gal requires a good number of skills. One of them, I believe is creativity. Our lives seem to be in constant movement and change and I know we are lucky that we have other halves or families that provide us the support system we need to cope beautifully. Thank you for the lovely rah-rah-rah!

    Happy weekend broomchic sisses!

    ReplyDelete