Saturday, March 5, 2011

New Year. New Home.by Jackie

I was sitting on a bench in a hospital waiting for my daughter's name to be called for her follow up check up after having her hand surgery. It was also the time that the doctor would remove the cast on on my daughter's hand which she wore for about a month. As a mother I was so anxious what would the doctor would tell me and my husband about the result and progress of the surgery. However, I had never seen my husband more worried than I am only except when there is something "big" that he want to tell me.

I did not mind much about it at first for I did not want to talk nor think about anything else rather than the doctor's opinion and conclusion about my daughter condition. But he seemed to be a kid who has been looking for a candy or of some sort. He kept on walking around, going in and out of the hospital. His moves made me more worried of something that could be related to my daughter's surgery. So I did ask him what had been bothering him and he could tell it to me right there and then.

He sat down beside me looking down on the floor and asked me, "Could you live here?" I was stunned could not think of anything to say though there were so much thoughts in mind. Questions like, "Why are you asking me that kind of question NOW?", "What do you mean by here?" , "What is wrong?", "Why do we have to move?", "What made you come up with that idea?"  BUT none of those thoughts were uttered. 

He held my hand and touched my face and moved it towards his face then he told me, "It is fine if you can not. It is just my thought." 

I did hold back his hand and told him, "Wherever you go, I will go. Just please do not ask me anything like this again in a situation where you know that I can be caught in between."

To confirm, he asked me once more, "So, can you live here?" I replied with a question to verify if he was serious about it. His answers were very consistent to what I was expecting for his idea is not only an idea, but it was already a PLAN.

That happened about 10 months ago. It took us 7 months to prepare for the BIG MOVE of our lives, that is to restart our lives in a city afar from all our families and friends but certainly not away. 

I do not only love my husband but I do trust his wisdom as well. Above all, I do trust God that every thing is just going to be fine wherever my husband and I will be. The important part of it is that, to me, we are together and we will always be, till death do us part.
A start for new friendships, new challenges, and new adventures for me, my hubby and my daughter.

Flying to our NEW HOME

Thick clouds covering the whole island where I could only see is the peak of Halla Mountain.

The excited family to their NEW HOME.

3 comments: