Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Simple Breakfast

Posted by Olivia
Being a mother, planning the menu for the week or for the day is the first in my to-do list. Today is a Sunday. I just thought of having a piquant sandwich and apple juice with my daughter.

While I was preparing the ingredients, the pikant ham, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and whole wheat bread, she came to me with White Angel flowers for me then said, "These are for you Mom. Good morning."

As we were eating, she said, "Mom, I like your sandwich. Thank you."

Is not this Sunday with the simplest breakfast I could prepare the best of all Sundays? : )

I thank God, He made Sunday the day to see the beauty of His creation.



****
Posted by May
I grew up often seeing on TV how Americans eat cereals for breakfast. For me that was quite liberating for wives not to prep morning meals. But other than this, I see the importance of healthy meal especially for a working husband.

He eats cereals and milk on weekdays which is the healthiest food I can think of for weightwatchers and stack of pancakes on weekends (with hubby's ticket to eat whatever he wants) which gets me so many hugs everytime I set pancakes and orange juice in front of him on a Saturday morning. Isn't morning the best time of the day?

As for me, I drink brewed coffee as soon as I get up and eat yogurt at 10am. Every single day.





***

Orange Juice Blues by ME de Vera


"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." 
-Lewis Carroll 
His 8:00 brekkie:
-Fresh grapefruit+orange juice (1:1)
-Organic Rye bread   
-Hummus 
-Maiko's (Mom's Mum) homemade wild berries jam


Have been doing this for a record of three months straight since I moved to London. All the time he sits at the table, I hear "Awwww...thank you Love!" with that signature boyish smile. Then, we talk about the to-do list for the day and wrap it up with a big bear hug and a swift kiss at the door. I might not be able to do this seemingly impossible task of creating such a lovely first meal of the day daily someday. But, this one thing is for sure...I will never miss saying, "I love you and God bless you today, Love." Even if (knock on wood) one day, I would wake up on the wrong side of the bed because of arthritis. :)


(N.B. I don't eat breakfast and I'm not really a morning person. Life changes so much).

No comments:

Post a Comment