Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fall Trends 2010

Posted by Tess - Fall Trends in Florida

Fall is known as the transition from summer to winter when not only the night comes noticeably earlier, but also when temperature slowly drops. In Western culture  fall is often  associated with harvest, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and even "melancholy" as expressed in some poetry. However, to me, who is quite new to this culture, perceives  fall in two more obvious pictures: 1) the magical transformation  of sorrounding when green leaves turn to gold, and 2) the beginning of  a nip in the air. 

Florida, being known as the "Sushine State of  America", doesn't really experience harsh weather compared to other states in the north. As a matter of fact, I find our fall temperature here a little bit a teaser. When cold snap suddenly hit us a few days ago, I immediately ramaged through my clothes thinking that it  was the end for my sleeveless shirts and open toes shoes, at least for the next few moths. However, I was wrong.  Just after I prepared my fall wardrobe for work, the temperature again has started warming up. It was like an elevator, so to speak - temperature goes up, down, up, down - until ( I was told)  we reach the month of January, when the biting cold becomes more permanent.

Now I understand why unlike other states that showcase chunky sweaters and heavy boots early on in their fall fashion, Florida people stock their shelves with cozy cardigans and corduroys. Today at work I saw some fashionable women wearing knit vest instead of oversize cable-knit sweaters. Likewise, unlike the popular knowledge that black is the color for cold temperature, this doesn't seem to apply to many Floridians - or, at least not yet. 

To freshen my fall wardrobe,  following are some of the tips I learned from my reading:

1. The color camel is hot for this season
2. Retro Silhoutes are in
3. Military is a big trend
4. Lots of  lace is fall-friendly




Turn, turn, turn...

Fall Trends in Hawaii
posted by May Rogers

Hawaii is the Aloha State. Aloha to the sun every single day. But it's the BER months and here comes whale sharks, monk seals, barrels and surfable waves. Also, we welcome the chilly days of everyday. As I'm sitting here in my work corner, my feet are cold and I wear pashmina! yes, in Hawaii. I cant say this is the best month to visit Hawaii because water is cold. Although you can get cold-water swimsuit, it's just not the same as summer.

We still call it Fall months. So many wear windbreakers, light sweater and you wont believe it - UGG! I dont but many girls do. I wear flats now when I go out as opposed to thong sandals and wedges that I normally wear when I go about the city. I LOVE WEDGES!

But thongs are still a must. And as always, I'm drawn to Naughty Monkey and Nine West sandals. Also I do love sandals by Steve Madden. Except for shoes which pretty much rule my days, here are the ones I recently bought for myself. I love chunky accessories so other than buying for TG, I spend some time looking for my own accessories. I'm a sucker for bangles, charm bracelets and dangles. Read my fashion blog: May's Heels


thongs by Nine West


Quilt purse by ASOS
    

9k gold chunky bracelet (also available in Trendygirls)


ah...and my favorite 10k gold bangle :) :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment