Monday, December 6, 2010

Fairy Tales (Weddings & Commitments)

Never leave your partner behind
by Olive
My vow to my husband on the day we got married was "I promise to be your woman, your wife, your best friend and you partner."


I believe that is how my role going to be in his life so as his to be in my life.



During the first year, it was not smooth sailing. There were many conflicts and arguments but the root cause was not because we have less love for each other but because of merely misunderstandings. These misunderstandings did not intend to be misunderstood but was caused by being different persons born with different cultures, ways, values in some matters, and languages.


As years passed and fifth year has just begun, I then realized how much both of us have changed as better persons with much better relationship as husband and wife. The more we have appreciated the kind of persons we were and have become. Reciprocated love and understanding was turned on in our relationship. By ourselves? I got no idea for I never told myself that I should do to him what he does for and to me.


During these years, I have realized how God has been working in and on our marriage. How God has changed me to be a better wife, partner, woman and best friend to my husband and the same thing happened to him. If it were only by ourselves, our five years would not be as meaningful, beautiful, and enjoyable as how our marriage had been.


From this time, I am certain, that God will not let me leave my partner behind, not in any chance when my partner wants and need me.


As we start our new life, after five years, I believe that as I put my faith in God for my marriage to be a lifetime, we will face the new pleasures, obstacles, and adventures in life TOGETHER. As we say it in Filipino language, "Walang iwanan!" (No one will be left behind!).

To me: Marriage is not a contract, it is a mutual commitment, not only to each other but so as to God.
SEALED WITH A KISS!

No comments:

Post a Comment